Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The wedding manicure...

I used to be a manicurist so I am obviously very into nails...particularly my own. I've always taken very good care of my nails and keep them polished and hopefully looking nice. So obviously I want them to look nice on the day of the wedding especially since they will be in so many pictures with the rings and all. I have been keeping them trimmed so they won't be too long for the day of or start breaking and then be too short. I have put a lot of thought into this...lol. Like I said...I have always been into my nails. I have always been a fan of the french manicure...I just love the classic, elegant look to it. So I always assumed that is what I would get for the day I get married. BUT since the bridesmaids are wearing red it would be fine if I got them red instead of the french. Which is also nice because it's not what every other bride does. I really am still leaning toward the french but there are a couple of issues that makes getting the perfect french manicure difficult. I would definitely want it to be airbrushed because that just looks nicer but if you get this done on a regular basis you know that often the white tips start almost immediately to get cracks in them. I'm not sure how much of an issue this will be when seeing them up close in pictures but it is a concern. I would also want to get a french done at home the day before the wedding because I don't know any salons down there and don't want to go somewhere I've never been before not knowing how good a job they do. That would also mean potentionally chipping the polish since we have to take a ton of stuff to the wedding venue the day before so I would be lifting a lot of boxes and such. Or I could just take the easy route and get red. Should I go with what I really want or with what is easier?

2 comments:

  1. Just get the red on the tips instead of the white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First- know that your nails will barely even be seen that day- I was worried about mine too and can't even remember a single pic where you could see all the details on my nails. That being said, GO FRENCH! Classic and your ring will look amazing with it. If you go red and get it done the day before and it chips, you will notice it. A little chip on a french will barely be seen. I went with the gel tips french b/c it doesn't chip. But it sounds like you aren't going for tips- maybe just a gel french manicure. I just got that done for a wedding in Jamaica I attended because I needed it to last from Sunday until the next friday- and it did! I was in the pool every day too. I say FRENCH!!! But whatever you choose, remember it will be a tiny detail that won't be that big of a deal after all is said and done. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete