Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Who gets what???

I've been talking with some people about who needs to be tipped on the day of the wedding and who doesn't. I think everyone assumes they will be tipped. Some have said you don't have to tip the DJ but I do think the DJ typically gets a tip. Also...we are paying a maitre d charge but I believe they are also expecting a tip at the end of the night. If they do get tipped...any idea on how much you are supposed to give them? I am also having my hairdresser come to the hotel room and do all the girls hair in the wedding party. She will also need a tip....but will it be the usual 20 percent you would pay at a salon? I am also not sure what is appropriate for drivers of the limo/bus. And I believe there will also be a transportation coordinator at the venue organizing the transportation back to the hotel. How much do I give this guy? LOL...it seems like it never ends. Please let me know if I forgot someone and help me out with some amounts. Much appreciated! And no...I'm not tipping the photographer...he's getting enough!!!

4 comments:

  1. All the wedding blogs I've read have said that if they own the business, you don't tip. I.e., if your photographer is John Smith of John Smith Photography, no tip. If John has his assistant Joe Doe come, Joe gets tipped. If your venue includes a gratuity charge, then you don't tip on top of that.

    Tip for service is always my rule. If your limo driver gets lost or is late or rude- why would you tip him or her!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? You have to tip the DJ?? I guess if he's that good... But I'm definitely of the mind, these people charge enough, if they don't earn a tip, they're not getting one... Although sometimes just dealing with me people earn their tips, lol. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Let us know what you end up doing. I'm curious. =)

    ReplyDelete