Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why do all the decisions seem so major???

So I'm beginning to figure out why brides become so stressed out. As the time gets closer and closer and I try to figure out all the little details...they don't seem so little anymore. My latest little decision that is turning into a big one is whether there will be a runner for the bridal party to walk on or not. Seems like a simple yes/no question, right? WRONG! LOL...maybe I am turning into a bridezilla but the ceremony is outside and the walkway leading up to the arbor is cobblestone type tile. It looks really beautiful and I would prefer to forget the runner altogether. Not to mention I am told the runners are very hard to manage since it is outside and there is usually some sort of breeze. But I am very worried about my dress getting dirty. It will most definitely be dragging on the cobblestone and it is outside so I'm sure there will be some dirt and sand to contend with. It is going to be the underneath that is dragging but it will need to be bustled later and I'm just concerned there will be dirt on it. It is white after all...lol. What do you think? Runner or no runner?

4 comments:

  1. no! we have the same situation and the owner of the bridal shop, said dont freak if its a little dirty. the bustle will hide most of it actually. i think it looks nicer w/o that white line going down the aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in a similar situation with the wedding outside and a brick walkway. Ask your venue coordinator! Mine told me she recommends no runner for a variety of reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No runner! Too many people trip on runners. Rather a dirty bottom of dress, than a trip and fall that dirties the front of your dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's not like youre going to wear it again ever - i say enjoy the cobblestone and dont worry about a little dirt :)

    ReplyDelete