Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wedding gifts! Already!!!

When I got home from work yesterday there was a big package waiting for me outside my door. I saw right away that it said it was from the store where we had registered for gifts. I happen to know my shower is not for another month so I was a bit confused. I wondered whether I should wait to open it to see if it was some type of mistake. Then I figured...there is no way I am going to be able to look at this big box and not see what is inside! Turns out it is from Joe's sister and she wrote a note and everything so it looks like she meant to have it shipped to the house. I'm not sure if this means she will not be attending the shower. Regardless, we are thrilled and appreciate her generosity. BUT should I have investigated first before opening? Is my impatience showing bad manners? I don't want to be rude...but c'mon...it was a big huge box with what I figured were gifts inside!

5 comments:

  1. Hell no I would of ripped it open too. Thats what people get for sending it so early. Many years of happiness to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should open it and send a thank you. Just don't use it yet- that waits until after the wedding. But if you didn't open it or anything, then the sender won't know you received it and what if you were sent the wrong thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy & Joe

    thank you for sharing your experience with us.



    Nixon
    Wedding Decoration Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww...how sweet! receiving personalized wedding gifts from your closest friends is one of the best things to experience when the big day arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe she sent it to your house so you don't have to bring it home from the shower...making your life a little easier...and probably hers too!

    ReplyDelete