Thursday, June 9, 2011

Three months to go!

Well, the wedding is exactly 3 months from today so I figured this would be a good day to take stock of what still needs to be done. We are a little behind on some things....such as...we still haven't picked the tuxes. We have looked at them and really do know what we are getting...we just haven't made the official reservations and spread the info to the groomsmen as of yet. I still have to pick the flowers but my friend who owns a flower shop has assured me that I still have plenty of time.

We are in the process of preparing the invitations for mailing...but we still have a month. Then I really do have to wait for responses to start preparing seating charts and writing out placement cards. I do think I am going to make the wedding an event page on Facebook though where people can RSVP. I think that will be so easy people will do it right away. That is my hope anyway.

Still a little work to do with the favors and centerpieces but I'm not panicking yet. My dress is scheduled to come in this month and then I will start the fittings. I am also trying to decide for sure the two pairs of shoes I will be wearing that day before the fittings start. The bridesmaid dresses and flower girls dresses are already in.

I think I'm in pretty good shape. Does it seem like I am where I should be or is there something big I am forgetting? Did you stay up to date with everything or did you end up having to rush and put that much more stress on yourself. That is what I am trying to avoid!

2 comments:

  1. We're the day after you. We haven't picked the tuxes yet either- I haven't even gotten him into the store to look! Hope to do that this weekend. My dress and my girl's dresses should be in this month and middle of July, which is my big source of anxiety at this point.m At least you're down to two pairs of shoes- I don't know how the length is going to hit me and I have four pair varying from no heel to 2 inches! I did meet with my florist last weekend regarding flowers, so that's done at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, Wendy -- the Facebook event idea is clever! i can see you getting better feedback than the "traditional" way of waiting on rsvp cards, then having to harass people by phone, one at a time!

    ReplyDelete