Friday, May 6, 2011

Flip flops finally!

I seem to make things much harder than they actually have to be. I plan to get a bunch of flip flops for my guests at the wedding so they can slip into something comfy once their shoes start killing their feet. I've been waiting for a couple of months to find out about the big flip flop sale at one of the clothing stores around...only to find out...they have imposed a limit of 5 flip flops! What!!! That is not even worth my time. So I decided to look around at some dollar stores to see what I could find there. And alas...the first place I looked is selling them by the case...at one dollar a piece...in an array of colors, designs and sizes. I waited all this time needlessly I guess...but so excited to get this taken care of...yay! Now, I just have to figure out where to put the huge box about the come full of flip flops...the extra room (which really isn't extra...I use it everyday) is pretty full of wedding stuff at this point. Who knew there was so much you had to get?! I just love the idea of supplying flip flops to guests who may have aching feet and I thank my dear friend Wendy for giving me the idea. Was there something special you did for your guests or were you at a wedding where something like this was done and it really stuck out in your mind?

2 comments:

  1. We went to a wedding where we had to wear hats at the reception. At first I thought it was a little weird, and my hair was getting messed up. Did not really want to do this.
    BUT, we had the best time laughing and dancing with those hats! My husband had a "pimp hat" and I had a tiara thing with feathers on it. I think I still have them...... Anyway, I will never forget that wedding, all because of a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got married last July in Jamicia. I always knew that I'd get married on the beach. In keeping with the beach theme I ordered custom lip balm for our guests...It was a total hit!!! Try beau-coup.com for favors or beach themed items!!! The day will be here before you know it, sit back, relax and enjoy the day!!!

    ReplyDelete