Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wedding breakfast

This morning on the air they were talking about having a wedding breakfast/brunch on the day after the wedding. I have had a couple of people say to me that since we are having the wedding out of town and many people will be staying at a hotel that it is expected that we provide them with breakfast? Is it expected, really? In talking with the people at the hotel we chose we had lobbied for a free breakfast and they did offer us a one or the other type of deal. We could get the free breakfast but we had to guarantee 30 guests. Now, I'm pretty sure we will end up with 30 plus rooms being booked but I wasn't crazy about making a guarantee. The other option was the room rate would be discounted by 15 dollars....which seems to be a lot less money. So we decided to offer the cheaper room rate. Now I'm back to worrying about whether I should be providing breakfast for the guests. The option of a brunch somewhere is really out of the question since no one in our families are in the position to host such a thing and the wedding already has Joe and I over our budget. Do you think it is expected that the bride and groom provide breakfast when they have guests stay at a hotel?

4 comments:

  1. I am doing a destination wedding in Mexico and although I am doing a welcome party the day before I am not doing Brunch the day after

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a wedding out of town and they offered a breakfast the day after. There were not a lot of out of towners though, it was mostly bride & groom's immediate family and myself, my fiance, and another bridesmaid. My wedding will be like 85% out of towners and I do think I will have a breakfast for the morning after. Who will pay for it is still up in the air. I might ask his parents to since it's mainly his family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin chose a hotel that offered a complimentary breakfast and arranged with the hotel to extend the hours that they were open to accommodate her guests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister recently got married and did offer breakfast to the guests staying at the hotel. Her and her husband paid for this, but it was their decision to do so since the majority of the wedding was paid for by my parents. I think it is a nice thing to do, but not required. Everyone makes their own rules when it comes to wedding planning and if you are way over budget already it is your decision to make. See if they are offering you a good price at the hotel, or check out and diners/restaurants close to the hotel that may offer you a very good price.

    ReplyDelete